An Ipswich home has been inundated with flames leaving a mother and her three kids devastated and in shock.
It was before 7:00am on Tuesday morning where mother Skye Skerry woke up to smoke bellowing out the window.
“I woke up and the smoke alarm was going off. My eldest boy then came running in and said his bedroom was on fire, so I grabbed my other two kids, quickly ran downstairs and rang the fire brigade” Skye said.
Whilst no one was injured, the lasting memories of a once liveable home and lifestyle will always be remembered by the family.
“I have been told nothing is salvageable” Skye said.
With winter looming on our doorstep, the increase in usage of air conditioners seems inevitable. There is no doubt that during the summer and winter months it becomes a household necessity.
Along with the intensification of usage comes extra potential for fires to occur.
Fire Investigator for Queensland Fire Emergency Services, Lieutenant Gale Stephens, briefly explains the destruction.
“Extensive damage upstairs” She explained.
Neighbours nearby the property who expressed a concern for their Air-conditioning units are urgently ready to get them safety checked.
For more information on how to stay safe, please visit https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/